Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Church tonight was great.  I helped with the kids during prayer time and then joined everyone else.  Afterward, there were six people I could've talked with.  I have SIX friends at church!  Well, even seven.  Except E is moving soon-- but she was there tonight, and I was so happy to see her because it had been two months and I actually felt happy, like a glow, and I didn't stop smiling for a while.

Spent at least twenty minutes talking with C...she's soo sweet and has great amazing tips for anxiety.  She knows the Bible so well and several times mentioned various Psalms.  When we were talking about anxiety or struggling before work, she told me she thinks "I'll do this for you," for God.  And, she mentioned looking back to my past for victories-- I've done it before and can do it again type thing.  It's only recently that I've even had victories, so that thought is new for me.  She said she wants to do a specific 5+ mile hike with me, and no one's ever said that before!  Plus, it's not the easiest hike.  Good thing she's fit, otherwise I'd worry.  I like people who like challenges.

I didn't even get to talk to GJ or H tonight.

More socializing tomorrow.  And then work, BUT I got a whole set of essays graded today, so I'm on top of things!  I could even go hiking on Friday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment