Friday, February 1, 2013

I can't wait until it's warm enough to go camping again (I went 8 times last year, to 7 different campgrounds).  I really want to try a backpacking trip this year, too... last year I only had a chance to do a short overnight one that had a pit toilet and water, so it wasn't very rustic at all.  I enjoy being out in the woods.  When GJ asked me what helped with my depression the other day, I said all the basic stuff, but I forgot hiking.  :)  It usually only takes about 20 minutes to lift my mood, and I'm sure that's one of the reasons why last year was so much better.  I visited the state parks 81 times (that's one of the places I hike) and hiked 732 miles.  I walked or hiked 150 days last year (okay, two week of that were when I was visiting a pedestrian society), which means that my average hike was 4.9 miles.  Yikes!  I know I had quite a few shorter ones.

I've walked a whole 10.25 miles so far this YEAR.  Yeah, a bit behind, but I'm not planning to go for high mileage like last year; I just thinking keeping track of everything is fun.

Maybe we'll have an early spring like last year and I can go camping in March again.  Mar 22nd last year I went hiking in the rain.... all day.  I was so glad to get into my car and get warm.  :)  I can remember all of these trips so clearly.  Sometimes I get various trails at various state parks mixed up-- I went to 10 different parks last year.

I should get out my guide and plan some fun new trips.  :)

Oh, FIVE great days in a row!

2 comments:

  1. How great! Glad to hear you have had good days. That's wonderful.

    ReplyDelete