Sunday, February 3, 2013

My friends at church are great.  GJ caught me after Sunday School and said she and her husband would sit with me... but I always sit with an older lady, so I said she didn't have to.  My older friend is going to be 80 next week!  and her children are having a little get-together for her before evening church.  Her husband died a year ago, so I'm glad we can sit together.

The morning service was rough... it took me about ten minutes into the sermon to breathe normally and not hold my breath.  Well, if you fall off the horse, get back up right away, so I went back tonight.  This morning I DIDN'T want to go, but I did tonight.  This morning, C gave me a CD with some songs on it that have encouraged her, and then we had a great text convo tonight about going to Christ and practicing faith.  It's encouraging to me, and she once told me that my words encourage her.

I've had a pretty good week, overall.  Had absolutely no motivation on Saturday, but I did get a few things done, and I don't think I was depressed.

BOO, tomorrow's Monday, my least-favorite day.  I'll work 10-12 hours.  Actually, I'm not looking forward to the next 1.5-2 weeks because it will be solid work... if I'm not teaching, then prep, and I get essays to grade on ... Wednesday, Friday, Monday, and Monday.  Yes, that's 90+ essays and then another 60+ paragraphs to grade... how I love having 180 students.  Or 160.  After 150, it's just a lot and I lose count.

I should've clarified with H this past week when she said I was doing well.  Okay, I'm doing well with not being as depressed, but I wasn't doing well with going to Christ and obeying God's word.  Tonight Pastor was talking about walking in obedience and getting power from it and growing from it, which was encouraging to me and a reminder to keep going.  C texted me a quote from Jerry Bridges: "PRACTICE the presence of Christ."

No comments:

Post a Comment