Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Maybe I sound a little obsessed with C....she's just a big part of my life right now...my "bestest friend" at the moment.  We text back and forth all day, e-mail sometimes, and I see her twice a week and usually end up talking for at least a few minutes each time, sometimes longer.  So yeah, she's important.

She's also pretty humble.  And not.  It's such a weird combination.  She will absolutely stick to what she knows is right, no backing down.  I was pretty frustrated and had told her that it didn't seem like she was hearing/understanding what I was saying, so we talked about that.  She still wasn't getting it, but later was like "it's not like I just grab people passing by and bring them into our conversation!" and I actually had enough gumption to say "but you do!"  She was about to protest "no," and say something else, but stopped.  That was the point I'd been trying to make all along.  "I don't see what you're seeing, but there must be some there.  I'm sorry, I didn't meant to do that.  Will you forgive me?"  SUPER HUMBLE.  I would never be able to do that.  And later, she joked "when you see me doing that, you can kick me and be like 'see, I told you so!'"

She also said something along the lines of "are you saying that....(don't remember what it was, but it was something negative about herself)" and I was able to say "yes."  Between those two, I felt much better when we were done.

It's VERY hard for me to talk.  Once again, to get to this conversation, C had to say we were going to talk, even though I protested with a no.
C: we r going to talk about this sunday night dear lizzie...
L: Noooo we aren't
C: Yes we r
L: You said now or later and i picked now!
C: We r not finished and texting isn't cutting it

Hmmm...she is nicer than she sounds!  I was having a hard time with the e-mail she'd written the night before (after I had written a bit more about what was upsetting me), and to me it felt like she was just saying "you're wrong, you're wrong."  So I felt a bit wounded, and still felt that way Sun afternoon, so knew I had to do something so that our conversation would go well that night!  I wrote her a nice long email, and every sentence started out "remember when" and ended with something I appreciated about her or liked about the memory.  She really liked it.  :) 

Still, I'm afraid I wasn't very responsive when we talked on Sun, and I apologized for it, but C just said it will take some practice.  Sun night was more difficult because I was talking about something about her that was frustrating for me, so that was very uncomfortable.  I really wanted to hide my face but didn't, just rested my hand on my chin/cheek most of the time.  I ended up sitting on the floor curled up next to the wall because I couldn't talk in the chair.  Mostly, C asked me questions (which I tried to answer, but I do remember one time saying "I can't say I don't know, because I do, but I really can't answer...") and talked.

She said she makes suggestions... I forwarded her the text from Friday and was like "this is not a suggestion..."!  (the "yes we are" part)  We'll see what she says.  I kinda feel like we might end up talking about this f2f.  But then, I never know because it seems like she picks the oddest stuff.  She's mentioned that before...about suggestions, and they are never off-track, just usually stuff I don't want to do or makes me uncomfortable.  Sooo it's good for me but hard!

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad to see you are blogging again, Liz. Thank you for heading over today and letting me know. I wish I had the kind of blogroll that gave me real-time updates. I popped over here several times since August and always hoped you were all right. I hope C is good for you and supportive, helping you to find courage and strength when you need it. And is it really a possible spanking relationship? How exciting for you!

    By the way, my British friends make "suggestions" that are really orders. "I suggest that you..." really means "You better do this, or you'll be sorry." Maybe C is British. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She hasn't told me yet if she IS English ;) I don't think any spanking will happen, but she is very supportive and good for me!

      Delete
  2. Hi Lizzie,
    I've read through your posts back to February and didn't want to disappear without saying hello. I smiled as I read some of the posts, procrastination can be my middle name, and I hate being forced to talk when I'm not in the mood. Sometimes you just get used to doing things on your own, in your own time and in your own way, don't you?
    But I wanted to cry at times too, because of the dark cloud that makes you want to run and hide, and the sense of despair I get from some of your posts.
    I'm so glad you have found someone who can help draw you (albeit reluctantly) out of yourself. Like Ana said, I hope she is a force of good and positivity in your life. If I could bottle up a warm smile and a hug I'd send it your way wrapped in the brightest Christmas wrapping.
    It was so lovely to be privilege to your thoughts. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tara,

      Thanks for reading, and I appreciate your thoughts! I'm doing a lot better than I used to be-- it sometimes doesn't sound like it because I'm also working on not giving into myself and doing nothing, so that kinda creates more "work" for me. Today is a good day and I'm house cleaning!

      Thanks for the hug and smile :)

      Delete